You must know that cork is renewable, lightweight and water-resistant, making it a brilliant flooring option. Moreover, its unique softness, easy-to-install and anti-allergic features keep cork flooring much ahead of other available flooring options. They are also available in various colors and textures and can suit with any decor.
Cork comes from the bark of Cork Oak tree. The bark of the tree is peeled away approximately at 10 year interval. In a few months, the tree grows its bark again and is harvested in years to come. This is why a cork tree can be harvested for almost 20 times in a lifespan of 200 years.
1) Hypoallergenic and anti-static
2) Effects of heat and cold resistant
3) Sound absorption quality
4) Shock absorbent
5) Insect repellent
6) Mildew, rot and mold resistant
7) Fire retardant
So, cork flooring must be a good alternative to many other flooring options when it comes to choosing a flooring option that could be hypoallergenic and anti-static. Such floors are good for allergy patients. In this respect, feature of bamboo flooring can be called upon.
Although the flooring market has a wide variety of options, most of them cannot insulate the effects of weather variations. Most of the floor size varies with the change of temperature. This is a very crucial consideration when it comes to selecting a floor material that will be static in size until it perishes completely.
Sound cannot wave across cork floors. They can create a good noise blockade between floors. The striking feature of a cork floor that attracts all is its nice noise absorption ability. For this reason, they are all the rage among apartment dwellers in particular.
Care for Such Flooring:
1) Cork floors need to be covered with a rug if they are footed by heavy traffic. Keep in mind that rugs padded with rubber or foam can inhibit ventilation and cause discoloration. So, don’t use such rugs. There are hundreds of rug varieties and in the market you will also find lots of contemporary rugs. Make sure that you are using rug cover on such floors when they are near an outside entrance. Over time, chances of dirt accumulation are high. So, clean them regularly.
2) Manufacturers apply sealant at the time of their production. If you notice it is missing, make sure wax and urethane are being applied. But, before applying them, ask you supplier how to use them.
3) Dry moping or sweeping on regular basis can be performed to keep such floors tidy. Use of vacuum can also be considered too. But, do never wet mop such floors as seeping water into surface and tilt joints can be harmful to the floor. Insects can be away from these floors when mild detergent or vinegar is used.
Selection of floor type depends on personal taste. Those who desire to have the one that could be extraordinary, easy on the feet and quiet to the ears can explore the features of cork flooring. A cork floor can ooze out a unique beauty and last a lifetime too if they are properly taken care of. When so many good aspects are associated with this flooring option, do you really need to opt for other variety?
Floor My Place boasts of introducing a whole range of contemporary flooring solutions, such as cork flooring, bamboo flooring, hardwood flooring, laminate flooring and many others. It offers solutions for domestic and commercial purposes and helps create new areas for living, working, storage and offices. Floor My Place specializes in providing need-based results with focus on creating safe and efficient environment.